The dot: May Progress Report
May 17, 2019
What's been completed
- Construction on The dot—provided by Colasanti Construction—began in February and has been progressing steadily for just over three months.
- Crews spent the colder months working to do a complete excavation of the site—important below-ground work that must be completed before the development can begin to be built up.
- Crews faced a critical water main break (followed by two subsequent smaller breaks) in April, not a cause of the construction but an important repair that was required before work could continue. The City's Department of Public Works (DPW) worked for over 24 hours, making the necessary repairs so that work could continue. Since then, construction has carried forward steadily and the project remains on schedule.
- Spring is here and summer is nigh... as the temperatures rise, so will the structure.
- Contractors have begun laying the foundation and will soon pour the concrete subgrade level floors and walls. If things go according to plan, we expect to see this above-ground work begin in mid-June.
- With concrete work comes an increase in truck traffic; you can expect to see frequent cement trucks and similar equipment as the crews pour and form the floors.
As always, we invite you to contact us with any questions or concerns: by phone at 248-546-2525 ext. 125, and by email at email@example.com.