Planning Commission: Dot PUD Amendment Public Hearing
The Dot Project team is presenting some small design oriented updates to the Planning Commission. The amendments presented follow a presentation given to CIty Council and the public during a City Council meeting on April 9th.
During the April 9th City Council meeting, The Assistant City Manager presented a progress update on the Dot project to City Council and the public. The update provided a broad overview of developer responses to a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) issued for the private elements of the DOT in October, 2017. The ACM also recommended modifying the current PUD to reflect some of the applicable knowledge and feedback garnered from the RFQ vetting process. The updated concept is titled, PUD-slim.
PUD-slim provides for greater flexibility for the areas known as Parcel-A (office space on top of garage) and Parcel-B (residential area located along Allen Street). The PUD-slim concept changes are described below. The 60' setback for Parcel-A remains a non-negotiable design characteristic in support of the residential community to the south.
- Reduces the 5th and 6th floor office square footage from 39,000 sf to 20,000 sf of flexibly designed office space.
- Increases top level parking spaces along the W. Troy street side of the garage.
- Provides for vegetation and pedestrian terrace opportunities on the W. Troy Street border of the deck. (south side)
- Provides for flexibility of uses for Parcel B - Residential or Office space.
- The area of 'Parcel B' has been reduced to 20,000 sf - the height remains capped at 55'.
Click this link for the packet to tonight's Planning Commission meeting.